Feel Good Monday

Some people say "thank goodness it's Friday", I reply "Yep, two days to Monday!" and normally get an unprintable response or a look as if I loosing the plot, fortunately for me, I'm one of those lucky people who have a job they enjoy.

I'm just about wound-down from 3 late nights where I've been involved with a dance production staged by the dance school my young daughters attend - Let's Dance...The Musicals! Let's Dance has run classes locally since 1984 and recently Point 4 Dance, run some great dance classes for kids and adults alike

It's amazing to see the time and dedication that the kids and their families contribute in making the charity fund-raising show such a resounding success. I've seen the show grow over the last 10 years and every year the presentation & performances get better and better.

All the numbers were excellent, but without doubt one of the highlights (well, for the Dads, anyway) were Gully's Girls dancing to the Jersey Boys show/Frankie Valli track Who Loves You. Sally-Anne the daughter of the shows principle choregraphs the girls for Brighton & Hove Albion football club.


I did my bit a few weeks back by making over 40 pre-show group shots, with my collegue Ben creating over 200 individual head shots on the same day. This is the first time the show has used professionals to create the show photographs and the feedback on the quality of the photographs, our conduct and professionalism has been excellent. It's quite gratifying that there are people who still appreciate a professional approach & end product.

I relish jobs with a variety of photographic challenges - two location studio set-ups on one day to on-the-run press-style shots at the final show. Jack the Lad from Southern FM (one of the local independent radio stations, soon to be Heart FM) closed the show and presented the cheque to the chosen charity, who as luck would have it didn't make it to the show! Such a shame considering all the effort put in to making the show such a success.

I'm off now to a week of various meetings, brochure design, website development and photo-shoots.

TTFN

Ian

Comments

  1. The photos taken for the show were fantastic and really managed to capture the 'feel and colour' of the numbers. They have brightened up many of the dancer's mantle pieces! Thank you Ian and Team, it was a pleasure working with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts