Fujifilm X-T5 Subject Detection Animal

Whilst sitting waiting for for a call centre to answer my call, I decided to photograph the activity on the bird feeders outside of my studio window. The lighting was less than ideal so I rigged a Rotolight NEO 3 PRO hybrid LED flash to act as a fill light.

The light was attached to the window with an Avenger F1000 pump cup with swivel 16mm baby pin and Manfrotto 196AB-2 articulated arm. The colour temperature was set to 4300K as that's in the region where the luminaire is at maximum output.


 As the major activity on the feeder was squirrels, I decided to test the Animal Subject Detection on my Fujifilm X-T5 with 50 - 140mm Æ’/2.8 zoom lens. It was flawless, the face detection picked up the eye closest to the lens with every frame. I did crank the ISO to 640 as there are few grain issues with the Fujifilm X-Trans CMOS sensor in this camera. The IBIS In Body Image Stabilisation and OIS Optical Image Stabilisation in the lens provided sharp frames with resorting to any addition support. When I shot similar images with my Canon 5D4 and 200mm Æ’/2.8 prime I needed additional support as there was not IBIS or OIS.

That's it for today. Keep an eye on Amateur Photographer magazine soon for my article talking about my expereince with the Fujifilm X-T5 so far.

Disclosure
This post is not supported by any of the brands named herein. It is purely for educational and informational use.

Training
I offer one to one training for selected photographers, bespoke training for businesses who need to keep their photography in-house and establishing in-house studios with flash or low-energy LED continuous lighting.

Feel free to contact me to discuss your requirements.

You can see more of my work in Amateur Photographer magazine in print and online where I write about improving your lighting, lighting techniques and review lighting gear.

Keep safe and remember your health is important.

That's it for now and don't forget if you really enjoy lighting visit and join The LIGHT Side, Part 2 - a place to learn, be mentored, nurtured and learn about lighting and photography, whatever your level or experience.


Comments

Popular Posts