Photographers Beware - Bracknell Forest Borough Council

I am in the process of researching a project and came across this statement in a document published by Bracknell Forest Borough Council.

Please keep a copy of the Agreement and return it the Communications and Marketing Team
at: Easthampstead House, Town Square, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1AQ.
• I understand that in the context of data protection legislation, a photographer taking photographs
working on commission for the Council will be considered as a "data processor". The Council's
agreement to work with me is on the basis that I work under instruction from the Council;
• I understand that the Council will only work with photographers who guarantee to act appropriately to
prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage
to, personal data including photographs;
The copyright for the photographs I produce when commissioned by the Council will be owned by the
Council. These photographs may be used by the Council for any purpose it wishes (subject to the
Council’s compliance with data protection). I am aware that permission has not been given to me to
use the photographs for any purpose.
• I understand that I may not disclose the photographs to any other person unless specifically required to
do so in order to fulfil the requirements of photographic work to be undertaken for the Council.
• I understand that if I wish to disclose or use a photograph for any purpose of my own I must obtain the
prior written permission of the Council.

 http://www.whitegrove.bracknell-forest.sch.uk/pdfs/photography-guidelines.pdf

You have been warned, Bracknell Forest Borough Council want your intellectual property!

Comments

Popular Posts