BBC Question Time

This may sound like a strange title for a blog entry, but I've just spent 2 enjoyable days time-lapse filming the construction of the BBC Question Time outside broadcast set in St Bartholomew's church in Brighton.

I still find it amazing just how much gear can be stored and transported in one (yes, one) articulated trailer. All of the staging, the set, back drop, lights and grid arrived attached to one lorry.

From busy church to TV set in 5 hours.
This is how St Bartholomew's Church looked at the end of day one rigging.
Canon EOS 50D, Sigma 15 mm f2.8 (equivalent to 24mm on full frame).
Image not cropped, just resized. No corrections, as shot.

I'm still working my way through a stack of footage and stills from the last two days, but as soon as I've edited it all together, I'll post a link on this blog. I did some of the stills and video on a brand spanking new Canon EOS 7D kindly loaned to me by Park Cameras. Again, as soon as I've gone through the material, I'll post the results here.

I must crack on as I need to catch up after being out for two long days.

Have a great weekend.

Ian

Comments

Popular Posts