SWPP Convention 2009

It was good to take a break from a week of staring at a computer screen and catch up with some old acquaitances and make some new ones.

The main reason I journeyed to the Novetel London West, in deepest, darkest Hammersmith was to mooch around the trade show, mainly because I've been too lazy to travel to NEC, Birmingham for Focus on Imaging over the last few years!

Well done SWPP! Even though the mainstay of my business is no longer social photography, it's good to see what's happening in a another sector of the photographic market. SWPP have put together a great trade show with a broad variety of exhibitors, albeit aimed at wedding & portrait photographers from novices through to established professionals.

On One Software provided a series of excellent demos

SWPP are doing great things for the raise the standard of photography in the social sector. What did surprise me, were the number of faces I recognised who were or are BIPP or MPA members. I won't name names, you know who you are.

It was good to see Park Cameras at the show, my longstanding (30 years this year) supplier of things photographic - I did try to get to the stand to say "hi" but lost he battle through the crowds.

Spicer Hallfield were doing a roaring trade

Adobe were noticable by their absence. What a missed opportunity. Hundreds or thousands of hot prospects all in one place. In my opinion this would be an ideal market place for Lightroom 2 demos.

Well done SWPP for putting on a great show. Just a shame I had to leave so early!

Have great weekend, everyone.

Ian

Comments

Popular Posts